If we are to believe the many rumors circulated on the Web, Windows 11 is about to be announced by Microsoft. The editor of Redmond has indeed scheduled a major event on June 24. A few days before this “epic” conference, we take stock of everything we currently have on the new Microsoft operating system.
While Microsoft had promised in 2015 that Windows 10 would be the ultimate version of its famous operating system, the Redmond giant seems to be reversing its decision. After announcing in May 2021 that the next update of the system would be a real small revolution, it seems more and more likely that behind this update is actually hidden … Windows 11 !
First, we wanted to take stock of the validity of this hypothesis . Did Microsoft troll everyone or will Windows 11 really see the light of day? Secondly, we have listed all the new features that we can expect in this new edition of the OS. Finally, we have tried to answer the various questions that such a change implies: when will Windows 11 be released? Windows 10 going to disappear? And above all, will the new OS be free like its predecessor for those who already have a license of the old version?
IS MICROSOFT REALLY GOING TO RELEASE A NEW VERSION OF WINDOWS?
Several elements in Microsoft’s communication indeed suggest that Microsoft is about to launch a new edition of its OS. Throughout its announcements and videos, Microsoft has left the following clues:
- An animation officially released by the company suggests the number 11 on the ground , as you can see in the tweet below. The visual in question is not new and had already been posted by the Microsoft.design account on Instagram in early April 2021. But at the time, the 4 parallelograms which are reflected and which make up the Windows logo were very distinct from each other. . In the new version of the visual in question, they have merged to reveal the number 11.
- Another clue concerns Microsoft’s conference time, which will be at 11 a.m. on June 24, 2021.
- For several years, Microsoft has not organized a big event dedicated exclusively to Windows for a long time. Moreover, the most recent dates back to 2015, the year Windows 10 was released. Consequently, the event of June 24 can only augur one thing: a new version of Windows is in order.
- An animation traces all the jingles of the OS from Windows 95 to Windows 7 , animation whose audio has been slowed 4000 times. This video may seem quite anecdotal, except that its 11 minutes duration is again a big clue as to the imminent release of Windows 11.
- Finally, the last clue that suggests a major overhaul of Windows: Microsoft has stopped publishing new builds of Windows 10 for beta testers. Build 21390 will therefore remain the last version, until the event of June 24.